Wednesday, November 14, 2007

glamorous

I am looking through the pictures of a friend who is spending her fall in Paris. She's talented and lovely and free and her pictures reflect all of those things. I have an aesthetic crush on the angle she captures things at. Her use of perspective turns me on.

And I am still left wondering, what happened to Paris? Where has my light little traveling heart gone, anyway? I don't want to look back on my time and Charlottesville and feel like I was just biding that time, waiting around until something came along. The days when I get to the barn and the air is so cold that we ride our horses up the stream and across the field to the barn instead of leading them, risking slippery backs for their warmth, is that biding my time? Hours and hours of being in the dojo, flying on the same techniques endless times, bare feet sliding across wood floors, what does that amount to?

I have no answers, but in other news, I DO have official advice/permission to take a less fucking demanding class load next semester. Thank goodness, maybe I can start riding a majority of days out of the week now.

listening to: Cursive
reading: my Western Civ paper

No comments: