Friday, September 12, 2008

pour tous les matins du monde, il n'y a qu'une aube.

To do this one, I won't lie, I pulled the posts I had written for my nineteenth birthday, and my eighteenth, and my seventeenth. They're sort of an odd mix.

As far as I'm concerned, the past year has been one of the richest and the best -- spending the fall chiefly concerned with my horse, declaring two degrees, spending the winter holidays with the family and Em in a (more or less) laid-back manner.

Spring, vacations, the slow-burning fuse on a best friendship that completely blindsided me. Summer, hot days, smothering nights, a surprising affinity for work. And now we're back to the balancing point of fall, looking into evenings with the Decadent Reader and weekend journeys across the state.

Since my tour-de-force brown belt test has already given me everything I could want, I look forward to a tolerable day and perhaps some joint birthday kata this evening (among other things).

And who wouldn't want to take on this song?
[[there are things that drift away
like our endless numbered days
autumn blew the quilt right off
the perfect bed she made]]

It's my birthday.