Wednesday, February 27, 2008

demi cote

I've been having musical adventures for the last few days. I also haven't been doing my French homework (but I found the book I'm presenting on next week, so that's mildly encouraging).

Spring break is getting more and more complicated. Hopefully having company on the ride down will defray the boredom, and a bit of the expense. Never mind you that, to leave at 11am, I have to be at the barn before 8 if I want to ride and be back by 10 to shower and finish packing and leave. At least it might be warm.

Having coffee with J. was so nice today. I hope we can make it a regular thing -- friends are not easy to come by right now, let alone ones that make me laugh.

Sleep and I aren't getting along in these current weeks. Reading books about cholera epidemics isn't helping my comfort levels, either.

Jump, again: this is one of the most cheerful tracks on Girlyman's "Joyful Sign" but I still think it's sad.

we are breathing
we are seething
we are hardly underway
we have high hopes
like the old popes
even saint peter's bones decay

No comments: