Saturday, April 26, 2008

and in this place we stagnate

It figures that, just as I start to get twitchy and feel like just soaking up the afternoon sunshine isn't enough, a huge peal of thunder cracks overhead. I really want it to pour, and it seemed like it would earlier, but now I'm not sure.

Lazy afternoon / evening, you know? School is so close to over. I wish I could move before next week.

There are things I need and things I want, but unfortunately, times are tight and free cash is in short supply. Recession is coming (recession is here?) and I am lucky that I am secure in all the big things, and that I have a job.

That being said, there is no question that my horse's expenses come before my own. If the money is optional, it's going for him. After that, it's any equipment I need for MS (thankfully, those expenses are rarer), and then car / gas stuff, and then me.

I'm seriously considering working 40 hours / week over the summer, like an actual working lady. It would suck not to get a third day off, but I'm thinking it might be necessary.

I'm going to take a shower, try and get some work done, and perhaps go running later. It's getting dark outside the window and I want so badly to be back in the morning, to let that lightness and warmth and closeness carry on.

reading: nothing
listening to: st. peter's bones // girlyman

No comments: